So below, I give you Tom Hanlon's recipe for Chicken Italian (as modified by me):
- one fryer cut up (when Tom first showed me how to do this...fryers were 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds. Today's fryer from Lunardi's was 5.16 pounds!)
- 2 tablespoons butter (today I used light olive oil)
- one eight ounce bottle of Wishbone Italian salad dressing...or use your favorite Italian salad dressing
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup of white wine
- salt & pepper to taste (or Lakeland's "Good With Everything Herbed Sea Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon or so of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large frying pan, melt butter or heat olive oil to brown chicken
- Brown chicken in frying pan, season lightly with salt & pepper
- Meanwhile, combine rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl (except the rosemary)
- When chicken is browned, place skin side down in roaster (blue granite works nice)
- Pour combined ingredients over chicken, top with mashed rosemary
- Bake 45 minutes at 350.
- Then turn chicken over and bake another 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Enjoy with rice, baked potatoes, or a parmesan pasta..and a simple tossed salad.
Thank you, Tom, for this recipe that I have enjoyed over and over again...and I have to tell you that my friends (family) love it as well.