- 4 English muffins, split, and lightly toasted
- 1 can crabmeat (6.5-oz. or thereabouts) well drained (get a decent quality)
- 1 8-0z package cream cheese, softened
- mayo to moisten (I am quoting Myrtle)
- a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce (again, quoting Myrtle)
- 8 thick slices of Colby cheese. If you can't get Colby, mild cheddar will do (or I use Tillamook's jack/colby blend)
- 8 thick slices of beefsteak tomato (fresh from the garden or heirloom from the store is best)
Blend cream cheese, mayo, and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl until well blended.
Gently fold into this mixture the drained crabmeat.
On a cookies sheet place your eight toasted English muffin halves.
Top each half with crabmeat mixture, thick slice of tomato, thick slice of cheese (in that order)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place on top rack of oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Remove from oven and allow to set for maybe 5 minutes before serving. Best served with a simple salad or a summer salad soup (recipe for this will be posted on another day).