- 1 (31 ounce) jar pear slices in light syrup (or thereabouts in size)
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 house cinnamon sugar mixture (mine is approximately 4 heaping tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish (or use Crisco).
- Drain Pears, reserving 1/2 cup syrup. Quarter the pear halves.
- Spread pears and apple pie filling in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle with reserved pear syrup.
- Sprinkle with cranberries.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over fruit.
- Drizzle top with butter, covering cake mix as much as possible.
- Sprinkle top with toasted pecans.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture lightly over pecans.
- Bake 40 t0 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy.