Here is the recipe -
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, finely crushed (for serious and extreme moist and delicious, try 4 bananas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts. Can be optional.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
- Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
Makes one loaf...about 10 servings. Serve slathered with whipped cream cheese and a rich coffee for a wonderful way to start the day.