salt & pepper to taste
1 32-oz jar of Berlin style sauerkraut
2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
1 pkg Liptons onion soup mix
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce (best of you make your own cranberry sauce)
1/2 cup cranberry cocktail
1. Heat oven to 325 (F)
2. Drain and rinse sauerkraut, set aside.
3. In Dutch Oven heat olive oil over medium-high heat and brown roast on all sides. Salt & pepper to taste.
4. In medium bowl, combine sauerkraut, cranberry sauce, brown sugar, onion soup mix, and cranberry cocktail and mix well.
5. Pour sauerkraut mixture around browned pork roast, cover tightly, and put in 325 (F) oven for three hours.
6. At no time during roasting, check the roast. At the end of three hours remove from oven and let set for about 15 minutes before carving and serving.
7. Slice the roast, layer on serving platter and surround with the cranberry sauerkraut.