- 2 pounds shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 3/4 cup rice, uncooked (he uses a Rice Pilaf boxed mixture and cooks it separately)
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- Dash Cayenne pepper
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sherry (he uses a little more!)
- 3/4 cup slivered, blanched almonds
Cook shrimp in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook rice as label directs. Drain shrimp and refrigerate. Refrigerate rice when done.
Heat oven to 350 (F). Set aside 8 of the cooked shrimps for garnish. Saute green peppers, onion and mushroom slices in salad oil for about 5 minutes. Do not drain. Add them plus all other ingredients and stir gently until combined. Pour into buttered casserole dish (about 2 1/2 quart size).
Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, then top with remaining 8 garnish shrimps and almonds. Bake 20 minutes longer or until mixture is bubbly.
(the last few minutes you could top with cheese, but it needs watching because it burns easily)