The coleslaw was simply a bag of shredded cabbage combined with "Marie's Slaw" dressing. Or that was my intention. By mistake I had picked up a coleslaw kit...so I used that with its own dressing and then added two tablespoons of ranch dressing. It came our pretty darn good. However, the lesson...do not grocery shop without your reading glasses!
Here are the two recipes:
Doreen's Easy Bake Beans
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 28-oz can Libby's Deep-Browned Beans (or another kind)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet (reserve drippings), drain and crumble. Set aside. Cook onions in reserved drippings until tender. Combine all ingredients, including bacon, and blend well. Pour into 1 1/2-quart casserole and bake, uncovered at 300 (F) to 325 (F) for 2 hours.
- 2 cups chopped, cooked ham
- 4-oz (1 cup) shredded Colby or Cheddar cheese
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 - 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (last night I used 1 tablespoon)
- 6 hamburger buns, split
Heat oven to 350 (F). In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except buns; mix well. Fill buns with mixture. Wrap each sandwich in foil. Bake at 350 (F) for about 20 minutes or until hot.
Makes six hearty sandwiches