- 12 eggs
- 10 slices of bread (whole wheat, French, Sourdough)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 lbs meat (sausage, ham, or perhaps crabmeat)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- salt, pepper, mustard (powder)
- Butter a 9 x 12 pan. Cut up the 10 slices of of bread and layer on the bottom of the buttered pan.
- In a bowl crack the 12 eggs & 1 cup milk, whisk. Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 3/4 tsp mustard. Stir.
- Cook the 2 pounds of sausage in frying pan and drain (or prepare ham or crabmeat as needed).
- Then on top of the layer of bread already in the pan, layer meat, layer cheese and then pour the egg mix over all.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- The next morning (Christmas morning?) take the soup and mix with 1/2 cup of milk. Pour over the pan of egg mix.
- Bake about 60 to 80 minutes at 325 (F). Maryann says: "I just check by sticking knife in, making sure its not real wet and eggs have cooked properly."
- Done. Makes lots.
Ok, it's the Holidays...more specifically it is Christmas Eve and you feel your life is out of control because of all the things you have to do. Well, here is a little secret "make ahead" recipe that you can do for Christmas morning. As people "oooh" and "aaaah" over your delicious breakfast...you can simply sit back and have another Mimosa (Egg Nog?):
Family, friends and home are the treasures that bring me the most pleasure. Through my blog, I wish to share part of my life and heart with readers.