- 4 pounds boneless pork country style ribs, cut into serving size pieces.
- Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 15-oz can cling peaches, cubed, with juice. If you cannot find the type with cinnamon, add 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp allspice to peaches.
- 2 - 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 scant teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 (F)
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add ribs and sprinkle lightly with Italian seasoning. You may want to do the ribs in batches. When browned, place in your Dutch oven/covered roaster.
- Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- When the last of the ribs have been removed to Dutch oven, pour the peach mixture into the frying pan and deglaze scraping up bits and bringing to a simmer.
- Pour peach mixture over ribs, tightly cover Dutch oven. Place in 3
Lysdahl's Peachy Rib recipe
The much needed rain(s) have finally arrived and it is a very nice feeling to be at home on a blustery rainy day with something simmering away on the stove...or cooking in the oven. Today I am making Peachy Ribs. You can do these in the crock pot for 8 to 10 hours...but if you have ran out of time like I did today...you can do them in the oven in your dutch oven/favorite covered roaster for 3 hours. Now, if you have a pressure cooker...that would reduce the cooking time even more. If any of you do the pressure cooker version of this recipe, please let me know about it.
Here is the recipe:
Leave a Reply.
Family, friends and home are the treasures that bring me the most pleasure. Through my blog, I wish to share part of my life and heart with readers.