- 1 10 - 11 pound fresh turkey
- 1 slices thick sliced bacon
- 1 medium navel orange, quartered
- 1 MacIntosh (or your favorite apple) cored and quartered
- extra light olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- "Good With Everything Herb Sea Salt"
- or a combination of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder
- 3 - 4 cups turkey stock
- Preheat oven to 325 (F)
- Prepare turkey by stuffing the cavities with the orange quarters, apple quarters, and onion quarters. Any leftover orange, apple and onion arrange around the turkey in the bottom of the roaster.
- Brush the whole of the outside of the turkey with the extra light olive oil.
- Season liberally with the Good With Everything herb salt.
- Take the two slices of bacon and lay across the breast of the turkey in an X.
- Pour the turkey stock around the turkey in the roaster (NOT OVER the turkey)
- Roast at 325 (F) for 3 1/2 hours or until done*
- * Roasting times very per oven and per instructions.
Whoa! This is a day late! That is probably exactly what you are thinking at this moment. Don't forget though that there are still a lot of turkey cooking days in front of us between now and the end of the year: tree trimming day, any day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day...see...lots of days.
I also want to add that there are lots of very excellent ways and recipes for roasting turkey. This recipe is only one of them and maybe you might want to incorporate some of the ideas in the way you already do your own recipe. Regardless...please enjoy:
Family, friends and home are the treasures that bring me the most pleasure. Through my blog, I wish to share part of my life and heart with readers.