- 20 - oz fresh cranberries
- 2 MacIntosh apples, peeled, cored, cut into small cubes (or your favorite apple)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or allspice)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 to1 teaspoon of orange zest
- 4 to 5 pieces of crystallized ginger...cut each into 4 pieces or so
- Combine all the ingredients in large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. When boiling, reduce head to medium and continue to cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Cool, however, before removing from heat, tasted, and add another tablespoon of sugar or so if needed.
- Enjoy the smell of it cooking...and sit back and be thankful for all the blessings in your life, small and big.
Ok, I am going to try to put my recipe into writing. Each year it is different yet always good (I think):
11/25/2013 11:13:09 am
Yum!!! Can you make this when you come this winter?
Leave a Reply.
Family, friends and home are the treasures that bring me the most pleasure. Through my blog, I wish to share part of my life and heart with readers.