Lysdahl's Cheesey Hamburgers
- 1 can (10-1/2) oz cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I use ground sirloin)
- Six onion slices about 1/4 inch thick
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 hamburger buns, split
In a medium saucepan combine the cream of celery soup, mustard, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and cheese. Cook over medium to medium-low heat until melted and combined. Set aside, but keep on low.
Form the 1 1/2 pound of ground sirloin into six equal size patties, In a large frying pan that can be covered, add two tablespoons extra light olive oil. When olive oil is hot brown the burgers and season with the salt and pepper.
When the burgers are browned (usually 4 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other) top each with a slice of onion. The divide the cheese sauce equally over each burger, Cover the pan, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes.
Toast the hamburger bun slices...and then top each with the burger and cheese mixture (generously) top with other 1/2 burger bun. Enjoy. Serves six. Unless your are hungry and then it might only serve three or less. :-)