- 6 oz (3 cups) uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 12 oz can tuna (packed in water) drained
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream (I used 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 3 - 4 tomato slices
- 1 cup or more (to taste) of shredded Moneterey Jack (or Cheddar, or mix) cheese
- Cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on the package. Drain; rinse with hot water.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 quart casserole. In large bowl, combine cooked noodles, tuna, water chestnuts, celery, onions, thyme, salt, mayonnaise, sour cream; mix well. Spoon half of tuna mixture into casserole; top with 1/2 of the zucchini. Repeat with remaining half of tuna mixture and top first with remaining zucchini...and then top with tomato slices; sprinkle with the cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. 6 servings.
Friday night I had decided that for Saturday's dinner, I would make Eunie's recipe for tuna casserole. Instead, though, I found a recipe that I made instead and like equally as well. Here it is:
Family, friends and home are the treasures that bring me the most pleasure. Through my blog, I wish to share part of my life and heart with readers.