- 1 cup milk
- 1 can artichoke hearts (NOT marinated), drained & chopped
- 1 slice bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed pasteurized process cheese spread
In medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine milk, artichoke hearts, bacon, flour, mustard, garlic powder and pepper. Heat until hot and thickened, but not boiling. Gradually stir in cheeses. Cook until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Pour into fondue pot to keep hot while serving. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Serve with chunks of French or sourdough bread...or with tortilla chips.