- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vingegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups herb seasoned stuffing
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine preserves, vinegar and butter in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 1 minutes or until glaze thickens. Cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 375 (F). Cook celery and onion in butter in small skillet. Combine onion mixture with stuffing, pecans, cranberries and chicken broth. Stir gently until broth is absorbed. Place in lightly greased 3 qt casserole. Place chicken over stuffing. Brush with glaze. Cover. Bake 20 minutes. Remove cover; brush chicken generously with glaze. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting once or twice.
- Makes 4 servings.
- *To toast pecans, place on baking sheet. Bake at 375 (F) about 8 minutes or until slightly browned, stirring once. Let cool.
This time of the year with the three holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years...all within weeks of each other...we are busy entertaining or being entertained. Sometimes we need a simple recipe for dinner on a quiet night at home...or for a gathering of a couple of very close friends (on a cold snowy or cold rainy evening):
Family, friends and home are the treasures that bring me the most pleasure. Through my blog, I wish to share part of my life and heart with readers.