- 1 recipe of your favorite pie pastry
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 51/2-oz. can evaporated milk
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to serve with pie
- Line a 9" pie plate with pastry
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter together over medium heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, vanilla and evaporated milk. Mix well. Add chocolate-butter mixture and blend.
- Pour filling into pie shell and bake at 350 (F) for 35 minutes or until firm to touch. When serving, garnish with whipped cream or the vanilla ice cream.
- Serves 6 - 8 (or even 1) :-)
Can you believe that Christmas Day is one week from today??? Perhaps you are scrambling for ideas on things to bake for that special day? Well, here is a recipe, tried and found to be true, that I suggest:
Leave a Reply.
Family, friends and home are the treasures that bring me the most pleasure. Through my blog, I wish to share part of my life and heart with readers.