- Your favorite recipe for a single layer pie crust (mine is Pillsbury Pie Crusts)
- two tablespoon half & half
- sugar and cinnamon mix (from spice section in your store...or make your own)
- Roll out pie crust to 14" in diameter
- Place on large cookie sheet or pizza pan
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar & cinnamon mix
- 1 1/2 pounds MacIntosh (or Granny Smith) apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine apple slices, 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon peel in medium bowl; toss to blend. Spread preserves over crust, leaving 1 1/2-inch plain border. Arrange apple slices in concentric circles atop preserves, overlapping slightly. Fold plain crust border up over apples, pinching any cracks in crust. Brush crust with half & half. Sprinkle crust edges and apples with Cinnamon & sugar mixtures...about 2 tablespoons.
- Bake galette 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue baking until crust is golden, about 30 minutes longer. Remove from oven. Let stand at least 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.