1 can (14-oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 package (about 15-oz.) yellow cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter cut into thin slices
1 2.5-oz package of chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon of house cinnamon sugar mix*
1. Preheat the oven to 350 (F). Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan (Crisco, butter, non-stick cooking spray...your choice).
2. Combine the apple pie filling and the cranberry sauce gently until just mixed together.
3. Spread apple/cranberry filling in prepared pan. Top with cake mix...spreading evenly. Top with butter in single layer, covering cake mix as much as possible.
4. Sprinkle with walnuts.
5. Dust with house cinnamon sugar mix*
6. Bake at 350 (F) 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Top each serving with a generous dollop of cinnamon whipped cream.
Makes 12 - 16 servings
*House cinnamon sugar mixture is about 3 tablespoons of sugar with about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon...I go by color (light beige) rather than exact measurements. Store in cupboard in a tight container.