- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chunks (you can use chips)
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of toasted walnut pieces
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8-inch pan . Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
2 Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
3 Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together. Add the the choclate chunks and the toasted walnut pieces.
4 Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares or rectangles and serve.