- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes to 30 minutes
- Yield: Makes 9 to 16 blondies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, melted
- 1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour (I used 1/3 cup white flour and 2/3 cup whole wheat flour to equal 1 cup)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of toasted sliced almonds
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour an 8X8-inch pan. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
2 Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
3 Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together. Add the butterscotch chips and the toasted sliced almonds.
4 Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares or rectangles and serve.