- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, at least 1" thick
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Heat oil in medium skillet; add pork. Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn. Brown second side.
- Meanwhile, combine preserves, cider, soy sauce and ginger root. Mix well. Stir in toasted walnuts. Pour sauce over pork chops; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer about 20 - 25 minutes or until tender, turning once. Remove pork, keep warm. Boil sauce until it thickens slightly. Serve sauce over pork. Makes 4 servings.
- *To toast walnuts, place on baking sheet and bake at 375 (F) about 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Let
Apricot Pork Chops with Walnuts
Once gain here is a holiday oriented recipe...perhaps because I serve it most during the holidays...but it is also good for any time of the year. Simple. Delicious.
Leave a Reply.
Family, friends and home are the treasures that bring me the most pleasure. Through my blog, I wish to share part of my life and heart with readers.