Autumn Saturday Night Roast Chicken with Potatoes
2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (or your favorite chicken pieces)
Olive oil (extra lite)
Salt & pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon Marjoram
1/8 teaspoon Rosemary
1/2 of a red onion coarsely chopped
1 large carrot, peeled, coarsely chunked
1 large russet potato, scrubbed and cut into bite-size chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 (F)
- You will need a casserole that is about 2 1/2 quarts
- Place chunked potato, carrot and chopped onion in bowl, season with paprika, thyme, marjoram, and toss with one tablespoon of olive oil (maybe two...but you do not want to saturate just toss lightly like a salad.
- Place mixture in bottom of casserole
- Layer chicken breasts on top of the potato/onion mixture
- Lightly brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and salt & pepper to taste
- Crush rosemary and sprinkle over all.
Bake for one hour and 15 minutes at 375 or until done. Enjoy. Simple, elegant, satisfying.