Here is a more practical and less intoxicating idea:
Dilly Avocado Soup
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled and cut into chunks (about one cup firmly packed). The pit preserved.
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch lengths (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely cut fresh dill, or 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dill sprigs for garnish (optional)
Put the avocado chunks, yogurt, stock, scallions, cut dill or dillweed, mustard and salt in a blender or food processor and puree the mixture until it is completely smooth. Transfer the soup to a non-reactive container (include the avocado pit if you like) and tightly cover the container. Chill the soup in the fridge for at least one hour.
Makes about 6 servings. Garnish each serving with a small sprig of dill.
(Leaving the avocado pit in the soup while it is chilling will keep the avocado from darkening. Remove pit before serving)