Pastry for one crust 9" pie
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 8-/12 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs (at room temperature)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Pineapple slices and Maraschino cherries for garnish
1. On lightly floured surface, roll pastry to 12-inch circle. Place in a 9-inch pie plate. Turn under edge; flute.
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan; stir in pineapple. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is clear and thickened. Cool; spread into bottom of pastry shell.
3. Combine cream cheese, sugar and salt, mixing until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in milk and vanilla.
4. Pour over pineapple mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Cool.
6. Garnish with pineapple slices, cut in half, and Maraschino cherry halves.