1 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup melted sweet butter (1/2 stick)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups shelled pecans, chopped
9-inch unbaked pie crust (your favorite recipe)
1/2 teaspoon house cinnamon/sugar mixture
1. Preheat over to 400 (F). Line a 9-inch pie pan with the pastry. Dust pastry with the house cinnamon/sugar mixture.
2. Beat eggs well in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, melted butter, allspice, vanilla to the eggs, and mix well.
3. Sprinkle chopped pecans in pastry-lined pan. Pour egg mixture over pecans.
4. Set on middle rac of the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 (F) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes longer or until set.
5. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before serving.
6. Makes up to 8 portions.