- 1 pound green beans, cleaned, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh salsa
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 pound crumble feta cheese
- Blanch the beans in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh under running cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the salsa and bring to a simmer. Add the vinegar and green beans. Simmer for 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and spring the cheese over the sop.
- Serves 6 to 8
Here is a simple little recipe that I found in the San Francisco Chronicle (1992 or thereabouts) that is a "keeper" because it is so good...and a good way to make green beans deliciously different:
Family, friends and home are the treasures that bring me the most pleasure. Through my blog, I wish to share part of my life and heart with readers.