- 6 boned chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 large white onion
- 2 apples, peeled and cored
- 1 pint light cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons curry power - not too hot powder!
- Saute the chicken in butter in a large skillet, turning frequently to avoid burning. When the onion is golden, place on a hot platter and set aside. Chop the apples and the onion. Cook in the same pan until soft but not brown. Add the light cream. Dissolve the curry in the remaining cream and add to the mixture in the pan. Place the chicken back in the pan with all the other ingredients, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or longer until the chicken is tender. Serve with chutney.
- Note: I added sherry when cooking the apples and onion, maybe 2 tablespoons. Also, I finished off in the oven @ 350 degrees, covered, rather than simmering on the stove top.
- *Recipe from Epicure's Delight by Vera Harnett, 1941
A very dear friend gave this recipe to me. It is simple yet deliciously elegant. Strangely, I do have the 1941 cookbook from which it was taken and then adapted:
Family, friends and home are the treasures that bring me the most pleasure. Through my blog, I wish to share part of my life and heart with readers.