3 (12 ounce) beers
1 cup (12 ounces) apple cider
2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (use less or more for your desired hotness)
1 teaspoon garlic power
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Fire up the old grill when you are ready to grill the brats. The heat should be medium-high.
2. Combine all the ingredients (EXCEPT THE BRATS) in a large pot and bring to a boil.
3. Submerge the brats in the pot and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, remove brats from beer cider mixture and set aside on large platter.
4. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking the beer cider mixture until reduced and thickened.
5. Cook/grill the brats on the pre-heated grill 8 to 12 minutes; turning once.
6. Serve the brats with the beer cider mixture as a topping or as a side.
Enjoy with fresh brat rolls and potato salad.