1 pound ground sirloin
1/2 pound ground pork
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 medium onion, minced
2 heaping teaspoons sour cream
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or allspice)
1 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground sea salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley (1 tsp. dried)
1 Can condensed French onion soup
1 can condensed golden mushroom soup
1 8-oz carton sour cream
1 small can mushroom slices (drained)
1. Combine the ground sirloin and ground pork in a large bowl. It is best to make sure they are well blended together before adding the rest of the ingredients.
2. Add the rest of the meatball ingredients and combine well. You are going to have to use your hands.
3. When the ingredients are combined, form the meat mixture into a large "meatball".
4. Using an ice cream scoop (dinner sized meatballs) or melon ball scoop (cocktail sized meatballs), scoop off portions of meat mixture and form into meatballs. You will have to use your hands. Place each formed meatball on a plate. Set the bowl that held the meatball mixture aside.
5. When you have made the meatballs, spray bottom of large skillet with non-stick spray.
6. Heat the skillet over medium heat and brown the meatballs in batches and as they are browned, set aside.
7. The meatball mixture bowl (#4 above)...in this bowl combine all of the gravy ingredients...this will be the gravy.
8. When you have finished browning the meatballs, add the "gravy" to the pan and deglaze using a wooden spatula. Heat until the gravy is just starting to bubble.
9. Add the meatballs to the gravy, cover pan tightly, and simmer over low medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.