2 pounds ground sirloin
1 onion chopped
2 (8-oz) cans tomato sauce
1 small can mushroom stems & pieces, drained
1 small can ripe olives, drained and coarsely chopped
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 dozen corn tortillas
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
2 cups grated Mexican blend cheese
- Brown hamburger meat and onion. Add tomato sauce, mushrooms, olives, and taco seasoning. Stir until blended and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Line bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan with 6 tortillas. Pour 1/2 mixture in and top with 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Layer 6 remaining tortillas on top and repeat except for final 1 cup of cheese.
- Mix soup and milk together and pour over casserole.
- Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese (more if you like)
- Bake at 350 (F) for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serves 6 to 8
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsa as a choice of condiment.